Do your iPhone photos lack visual appeal? If so, you’re probably not thinking about how you compose the picture to make the most of the scene. Luckily there are some great tried and tested composition techniques that will help you take more eye-catching shots! In this short article you’ll discover ten quick and easy composition tips that are guaranteed to get your iPhone photos noticed.
1. Include a main subject or focal point to grab and hold the viewer’s attention.
2. Follow the rule of thirds to position your main subject or horizon off-centre.
3. Use leading lines to lead the eye into the image and towards the focal point.
4. Shoot from a low angle to get a unique perspective on your subject and eliminate distracting backgrounds.
5. Fill the frame with the subject to create a more intimate and impactful image.
6. Include foreground interest to create a sense of depth and lead the eye into the image.
7. Create diagonal balance by positioning important elements diagonally from each other.
8. Include empty negative space to place emphasis on a small subject or to leave space for movement.
9. Create a frame around your subject with objects in the foreground, such as a window, door frame or tree branches.
10. Look for symmetry to create a powerful visual impact.
Quick Tips Cheat Sheet
Click the image below to download this handy Quick Tips cheat sheet!
In-Depth Tutorials On iPhone Photography Composition
To learn more about how to compose your iPhone photos for maximum impact, check out our in-depth tutorials where you’ll discover more great tips and techniques, as well as plenty of inspirational photos that have great composition!