This week Adobe released the iPhone version of its hugely popular image processing app. Photoshop Touch has been available on iPad for about a year now, and now they have released the iPhone version as well.
Just like the iPad version, Photoshop Touch for iPhone includes support for layers, various adjustments, filters and selection tools. Here’s a more detailed list of features:
- Use popular Photoshop features, such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters, to create mind-blowing images.
- Improve your photos using classic Photoshop features to bring out the best in your photography. Apply precise tone and color adjustments to your entire composition, a particular layer, or a select area.
- Create something other-worldly using painting effects, filter brushes, and so much more. With Photoshop Touch, the creative possibilities are endless.
- Make your images pop with graphical text. Apply strokes, add drop shadows and fades, and more.
- Take advantage of your device’s camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique Camera Fill feature.
- Quickly combine images together. Select part of an image to extract just by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With the Refine Edge feature, use your fingertip to easily capture hard-to-select image elements, like hair.
- Start a project on your iPhone or iPod Touch and finish it on your iPad* or back in Photoshop at your desk using a free membership to Adobe Creative Cloud™. Your projects are automatically synced between your devices.
- Free membership to Creative Cloud provides 2GB of cloud storage.
- Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Images up to 12 megapixels are supported.
Unfortunately Adobe has chosen to not make this app universal. Even if you already paid $10 for the iPad version, you’ll have to spend another $5 for the iPhone version. That’s quite greedy of Adobe, but as a market leader they can probably get away with it.
The initial reviews for this app have been largely positive, but you can’t really expect the full Photoshop experience on a 3.5-inch screen. With that said, Photoshop Touch for iPhone is well designed, easy to use, and offers powerful features that other apps cannot match.
You can get Photoshop for iPhone on the App Store for $4.99/€4.49/£2.99. This app is only compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation).